The Department of History at the University of California, Santa Barbara, invites applications for temporary, part-time lecturer positions for the 2017-18 academic year. Courses needed may include:
• World History Survey, (pre-history to 1000 CE; 1000-1700 CE; 1700 CE to Present)
• Western Civilization Survey, (1050-1715 CE; 1715 to Present)
• The American People (US survey, all periods)
• East Asian Civilization Survey
• Latin American History (pre-contact to present)
• History of Science and Technology
• Japanese History (Tokugawa period, modern period)
• Chinese History (prehistory to Tang, Song to Ming)
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application which clearly indicates which course or courses best fit their qualification; CV; Course Syllabi; and the names and telephone/email addresses for three professional references. Teaching evaluations may be required of finalists. Interested candidates should apply to the following link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/apply/JPF00938
The salary is based on UC’s salary scales and depends on qualifications. A PhD in History or related field is required by time of appointment, and applicants should have one year of teaching experience. The department is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through teaching and service.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• List of References
• Course syllabi
• Misc / Additional (Optional)