Contact Maureen McCollum, Interim Satellite Business Services Coordinator
: San Ramon, CA, USA
Description of Position
Provide exemplary instruction, in accordance with approved course outlines, to a student body diverse in age, ethnicity, and academic skills. Experience teaching college-level sociology.
The ability to teach a large number of courses from our offerings:
SOCIO-120 Introduction to Sociology
SOCIO-121 Introduction to Social Problems
SOCIO-122 Critical Thinking About Social and Cultural Issues
SOCIO-124 Gender, Culture and Society
SOCIO-125 Introduction to Marriage and Family
SOCIO-135 Introduction to Race and Ethnicity
Please review our college catalog for additional information on the above mentioned courses: http://www.dvc.edu/communication/catalog/pdfs/catalog1617.pdf
Prepare and grade class assignments and exams. Inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures.
Maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
Please submit an online application.
Maureen McCollum,Interim Satellite Business Services Coordinator
Yearly Salary Range / Hourly Range: $59.70 - $84.36 per hour
Master's in sociology
bachelor's in sociology
master's in anthropology, any ethnic studies, social work, or psychology
OR the equivalent.
(If you do not possess the listed degree, you must upload the equivalency form provided in the online application.)
Open Until Filled: Yes
How to Apply
1. Interested applicants must submit all of the application materials online to be considered for this position. We do not accept hand-delivered, e-mailed, faxed or postal mailed application packets.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that all application materials are received.
3. You should submit an unofficial transcript for screening purposes. If you do not have electronic version of the transcript required for the position, you can have it scanned by a Staples, Office Max or Office Depot, etc. All applicants will have an opportunity to upload transcripts when completing our online application process. You should be prepared to provide an official transcripts prior to employment start date should the position be offered.
4. If you do not possess the required educational degrees and are applying under the equivalency process, you bear the responsibility of submitting the District's Equivalency Application. Equivalency applications with supporting documentation should be submitted when 1) degrees are not in exact discipline required; 2) degree is in progress; 3) degrees were earned at a college or university outside of the United States. All applicants will have an opportunity to upload an equivalency form for evaluation by a college equivalency committee when completing our online application process.
5. Applicants with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to United States degrees. An approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) agency must evaluate your course work. All applicants will have an opportunity to upload a foreign degree evaluation for review of by a college equivalency committee when completing our online application process. Please read more details in the Foreign Degree and Credit Statement section of the job announcement.
6. Documents uploaded online must be the actual documents to be considered for review. Do not upload a "placeholder" document. Applications with placeholder documents are considered incomplete and will be rejected. Only upload the required documents, other materials can be presented if you are selected for an interview.
7. All application materials become the property of the district and will not be returned or duplicated.
Online App. Form: